Saturday 18 July 2015

My New Bow.



I have wanted to own a bow for a very long period of time. As in, since I was about 6. I found a great bargain on www.merlinarchery.co.uk which is the Core Pulse Take Down Bow
This is a recurve bow. Recurve bows have limbs that curve away from the archer when unstrung and stores and delivers more energy and power than a straight limbed bow.
_

Firstly this bow is huge...when I got it out of the box I was astounded. It is 66" when is pretty damn big and looks like a monster hone your holding it. The wood the riser (middle bit) is made from is beautiful, it's layered and smooth and fits into your hand perfectly.

The power this bow has is insane. I managed to break a perfect hole in a plant pot and it's accuracy is very impressive. I don't not the FPS or the power as these aren't listed on the website. But I do know that I would NOT want to be on the receiving end of an arrow from it.
_

I chose a recurve over a compound (google it if you don't know the difference) because I felt this was far easier to use and much more fun. Because it is a take down bow, I can remove both the limbs and even though it is bloody massive I can still fit it in a rucksack. 
_

If your looking for a new bow or want to start archery definitely go and look at the website they have very affordable things on there.
_













- Happy Shooting -

- Louis -




No comments:

Post a Comment